Global Economy News
With the reform of the market mechanism, the market economy is becoming more and more standardized, and the legal system and the liquor supervision system are becoming more and more complete. For enterprises that want to import and export alcohol in mainland China and engage in liquor retail business, they must first apply for the “Liquor Management License”, otherwise it will be difficult to move.
Inter Area International has professional talents, can explain customer companies, simplify the approval process, avoid cumbersome operation procedures, save time and cost for enterprises and so on.
I.Brief Introduction of Imported and Exported Liquor in China
- Liquor management can prove that it is to strengthen the production and circulation management of alcohol, protect the health of the people, and safeguard the legitimate rights and interests of producers, operators, and consumers.
According to the Regulations on the Administration of Alcohol Monopoly, a valid licensing certificate is given to strengthen Alcohol production and distribution management, if foreign investors want to import and export alcohol in the mainland, carry out wine wholesale and retail, whether it is liquor, red wine, etc., they must apply for a liquor business license before they can sell alcohol in the mainland; The “Liquor Business License” is uniformly printed by the provincial liquor monopoly management department and is the legal certificate for operating the liquor retail unit or individual. With this legal certificate, the enterprise can operate normally, and the rights and interests in the business process can be legally protected. The liquor production license shall be examined and approved by the Provincial Economic and Trade Commission, the wholesale license shall be examined and approved by the Municipal Economic and Trade Bureau, and the retail license shall be handled by the county (district) economic and trade bureaus. The application conditions for the liquor licenses in mainland China shall be renewed every three years and shall be implemented annually.
II.Application Conditions and Qualifications for the Alcohol Wholesale License
- The application for an alcoholic business license requires a registered capital of more than RMB 500,000 and an operating area of more than 50 square meters;
- The liquor business license applies for a storage area of more than 80 square meters, and the facilities must comply with relevant regulations;
- The application for a liquor business license must first obtain the Health Permit issued by the health administrative department;
- There are more than two professionals and management systems that have knowledge of alcoholic products;
- Supply pipeline with long-term and stable wine wholesale business;
- Other conditions in compliance with laws and regulations;
- Agreement or power of attorney between the producer and seller (original, foreign language agreement or authorization letter must be provided in Chinese translation);
- The manufacturer’s business license, health permit, and alcohol production license (photocopy, stamped by the manufacturer or the dealer’s seal providing the material, if the agreement is signed with the distributor of the alcoholic product, the dealer’s relevant Proof material, stamped with the dealer seal);
- Quality standards of the agent products;
- For the agent of domestic liquor, it is necessary to provide a qualified inspection report issued by a statutory qualification institution;
- For the import of alcohol, the “Hygiene Certificate” issued by the Entry-Exit
Inspection and Quarantine Bureau shall be provided;
III.Application Conditions and Qualifications for the Alcohol Retail License
♦Units or individuals engaged in alcohol retail business must first obtain the “Food Circulation Permit” issued by the State Administration for Industry and Commerce and then apply for the “Liquor Retail License” to the local liquor monopoly management department.
♦Enterprises or individuals applying for the Alcohol License need to apply for the following conditions:
- The business entity should be an independent legal person, partnership or self-employed;
- The registered capital is more than 100,000 yuan, and the business premises are more than 20 square meters, which is in compliance with relevant regulations;
- Obtain the “Food Circulation Permit” issued by the administrative department for industry and commerce;
- Obtain a business license issued by the administrative department for industry and commerce;
- Have more than one professional who has knowledge of alcohol regulations and commodities;